In an interview conducted at Pubcon 2013 in Las Vegas, Brian McDowell of Conductor shares some recommendations for SEO tools that your business should be using.
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
– Since every business is unique, Brian recommends first taking a look at your organizational structure to see what resources you have available.
– Identify who you need to build reports for, how you need to look at the back end of your system, and how you can automate some of the marketing on the front end.
– Brian recommends Screaming Frog as an audit tool. If you’re having issues with your sitemap that Google is warning you about, one of the things you can do with Screaming Frog is submit an XML sitemap to identify the specific issues.
– Screaming Frog can also help you identify that all 301 redirects have been implemented properly during a site migration.
– You also need to make sure you have a good reporting platform, Brian says, because all departments of your organization need different reports on how they’re managing SEO.
– Brian also recommends a project management tracking system. A lot of people use Jira, but there are a lot of alternatives available as well.
– Above all, Brian recommends developing a relationship with your site engineers and educating them on SEO best practices so they can be built right into your site going forward.
Read more: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/seo-tools-your-business-should-be-using-interview-with-brian-mcdowell/76449/